Friday, February 20, 2009

Snow Cream

When i was little growing up my Grandma always talked about snow cream in the winter time. She always said...I wish i had me a big bucket of fresh snow to make some snow cream. Well since we got up here and there has been snow every so often, I can just hear my Grandma talking about that snow cream. Well it snowed really good over night and this morning...we got like 3 inches or so...I decided to make some snow cream. I found a receipe on the internet, it said it was over 90 years old, so im guessing mabey its pretty close to what my Grandma used. So i scooped up some clean snow and mixed everything together..It's actually good! It tastes very similar to homemade ice cream, just more like ice milk. SO I took a picture of the finished product.


The receipe i used was: 1 Cup Canned Milk

1/2 Cup Sugar

1 1/2 tsp Vanilla

3 Cups of snow (i used about 5)

You just mix the milk, sugar, and vanilla together and then go get the snow and mix it in too. Then I stuck it in the freezer to freeze, and Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I totally want to try this! Is the canned milk evaporated milk? EM

Glover Family said...

Yep...just evaporated milk..It's pretty good too.